The AHCA defunds the Prevention and Public Health Fund, which provides grants for prevention, wellness, and public health initiatives.
The AHCA freezes funding to Planned Parenthood for one year and prohibits the use of tax credits to purchase health insurance plans that covers certain pregnancy termination services.
The AHCA increases current funding or creates the following:
- Establishes the Patient and State Stability Fund to be used by states to provide financial assistance to hi-risk consumers, stabilize and reduce individual market insurance premiums, promote participation in the individual insurance market, promote preventive care, or reduce out-of-pocket costs.
- Establishes a fund to be used by states that have not chosen to expand Medicaid to be used to strengthen the healthcare safety net in the state.
- Increases funding to Community Health Centers
- Increases funding to the Medicaid Disproportionate Share Hospital
Repeal of ACA Taxes
The AHCA repeals the following ACA taxes:
- “Cadillac Plan” tax on high-cost employer-sponsored group health plans is temporarily repealed from 2020 to 2024
- Medicare payroll tax on high income employee wages
- Tax on tanning beds
- Tax on health insurers
- Tax on pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Tax on medical devices